[Speex-dev] Digital speech within 100 Hz bandwidth

Ken Linder (KC7RAD) kc7rad at radstream.com
Fri Aug 22 16:22:49 PDT 2008

HA!  Just when I was getting ready to drop myself from this list, along
comes a ham radio question!

Shoving digital voice down a 100 Hz pipe would be mighty darned
tough/impossible.  N0YMV has a good suggestion.  Try those WSJT modes.  They
use narrow bandwidth and are fun to play with.  There are documented
instances where moon-bounce QSOs have been completed with these modes.  No,
it's not voice, but it does work.  Oh, JT65 mode in WSJT is designed
specifically for EME communication.

I used the HSCW (high speed CW) for meteor scatter & had a lot of fun with
it.

Best of luck in your EME endeavor.  Oh, what is your call???

73s
Ken - KC7RAD

I have used .