[Speex-dev] Digital speech within 100 Hz bandwidth

David Willmore davidwillmore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:45:45 PDT 2008

> Could you please forward this e-mail to your  engineering department. I am a
> ham radio person who wants to transmit from the Earth to the moon and back
> to the Earth by phone not by Morris code. This will be a very weak signal. I
> need an extra 13.8 dB of gain. Could you please help me distribute the
> attached paper to someone who could take this project into the next level?

Mike,

If you don't like Morse, how about K1JT's WSJT suite of modes?  They were
designed by Joe Taylor--who is an EME'er and very competent ham.  They
are all keyboard-to-keyboard modes, so you can cut out the whole voice
side of things.  No point in involving analog modes when you can keep it
all digital.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
David n0ymv