[Speex-dev] Need information regarding Speex AEC

Karthik karthikvsamy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:51:12 PDT 2008

Hi,
     I am experimenting with Speex AEC now i need some clarification
regarding the input that we provide to Speex.

     * MiC Frame and Speaker Frame does it required to be synchronize?. If
yes, What is the acceptable deviation?
     * What are factors that i have consider while using Speex AEC?

     I have a AEC test setup where the real time data is the input to Speex
AEC, but i donot see any echo cancellation. The Output Buffer contains same
data as input MiC Buffer (With minor modification, probably noise
supression) but echo is still present. Why Speex AEC is not removing the
echo?

     In the same test setup i have provided input to AEC from a sample Echo
Test PCM Audio file (Created for testing echo canceller), Speex is working
as expected there is no echo present in the output of AEC.

     Please help me in identifying the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance
Karthik