[Speex-dev] Linking issues (Visual Studio 2005 and libspeex.lib)

Rocky SFR rockysfr at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 20:16:22 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've been doing some development for Pocket PC 2003 applications and have happened to chance upon Speex.

To date, I've been having some issues in linking libspeex.lib with my application in MS Visual Studio 2005. Upon building my program, I will always receive the error:

fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'd:\Recorder\libspeex.lib'    Recorder

A brief description of what I had done is as follows:

1. Build libspeex.lib using Visual Studio using libspeex.vcproj from speex-1.2rc1\Win32\VS2005\libspeex for Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)
2. Add the path of libspeex.lib to the Configuration Properties -> Linker ->Input -> Additional Dependencies for my project
3. Attempt to compile project (which utilises some of the Speex functions)

What could be a possible cause of this error?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Regards,
Rocky

      Get your new Email address!