[Speex-dev] newbie qs - can one implement speex for Google Android?

Anil Philip goodnewsforyou at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 19:14:41 PDT 2008

Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou at yahoo.com> wrote: see http://code.google.com/android
It would be good of members from here will step in and offer google help to implement speex.
Without exaggeration, android will transform the mobile world.

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote: On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Anil Philip  wrote:
> I recommended in a bug report that the new mobile platform - Android should
> use speex and it was accepted. I was wondering if I can use it as a 3rd
> party library even now. Can someone please tell me how? The JSpeex project
> has had no activity for almost 3 years and questions are unanswered.

Is Android a Java application?  Because if it's not, you should use
the official C library instead of JSpeex.  You can find more details
at  //speex.org

-Ivo

for good news go to http://members.tripod.com/~goodnewsforyou/goodnews.html __________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?