[Speex-dev] SSE Resampler

Thorvald Natvig thorvald at natvig.com
Fri Apr 4 11:33:02 PDT 2008

Hi,

The attached patch includes a fully working patch for the resampler,
including manual SSE optimizations for the single target.

I've tested up and downsampling, changing the filter quality on the fly,
changing sampling speed on the fly, multichannel resampling, _float and
_int versions in both floating and fixed point and resetting the
resampler. They all give the same results as the original one.

The next step would be SSE2 optimization for quality >= 9 (using double
instead of float); but I think I've done enough for now.

On a sidenote; I'm missing a speex_resampler_clone(), which would create
a clone of an existing sampler state. This is very handy when you add
and remove channels on the fly (in my case; add/remove VoIP users); they
all need the exact same resampler parameters, and cloning a resampler
state would be a lot faster than creating a new one (which recomputes
the filter).