[Speex-dev] Speex DSPic

Bobby Sohal bobby at designbychip.com
Sun Oct 21 16:44:47 PDT 2007

Hi I was wondering if someone may help. We are currently using a DSPic to
store speex data on a Smart Card.

We have now decided to use a PC to playback the speex data. The only problem
is our data does not have the

Correct header. Do you know if there is an example in C++ that can take a
string of speex frames and construct the correct

Header so that it can be played back using a pc based speex decoder. I have
read the documentation on

The Oggs header and speex header but am very confused regarding the pages
and checksum.

Also can I write a header to memory and then sequentially write the frames.
Once I have finished encoding can I

Update the checksum and expect the file to play.

Currently I am writing a filename in FAT32 to a smart card. I then start to
decode and write each 12byte frame to the card.

Once I have finished encoding I update the FA table and have the speex
frames written to a card. All I need to do now

Is attach a header to this data so that it can be played back.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer with this problem.

Regards

Bobby Sohal