[Speex-dev] Buffer size/rate woes

zmorris at mac.com zmorris at mac.com
Tue May 8 00:46:06 PDT 2007

Hi All, I am trying to get speex working on the Mac and am running
into issues.  I got the examples working, but am now trying to make
speex, which expects 8000 Hz and 160 samples per buffer (320 bytes
per buffer), work with the Mac's built-in audio recording, which uses
either 11025, 22050, or 44100 Hz and 1024 samples per buffer (2048
bytes per buffer).

I just need to know if there is a way to make speex run at say 11025
Hz with maybe 512 (or other power of 2) samples per buffer.
Otherwise there is going to be a lot of code handling remainders for
each buffer and downsampling.

Also, does speex use a timer of any kind?  Or does it just process
blocks as they are given?  I just mean for general encoding, not
echoes, etc.

Thanx,

--Zack