[Speex-dev] [patch] Mac Universal Binaries

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu May 3 20:55:02 PDT 2007

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> Well, AFAIK C89 says the behaviour in undefined, so I wouldn't rely on
> that too much. Even on PPC, it's quite possible someday the gcc folks
> will be able to 1) determine at compile time that a conversion somewhere
> will overflow and 2) optimise it out (since it's undefined anyway) or do
> other funny things with it. That's why I wouldn't depend on the right
> thing happening, even on PPC.

Except for one thing. I have an M4 macro which tests for the behaviour
at configure time. The result of that test is then used at compile
time.

I think its reasonable to expect that the same version of gcc is used
at configure and compile times :-).

> I'm afraid I haven't been Doing It Your Way so far

Never too late to start :-).

> :-( But I'm quite willing to integrate contributed test cases :-)

I'll put it on my todo list. I should get around to it some time
after hell freezes over :-).

Erik