[Speex-dev] [patch] Mac Universal Binaries

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu May 3 17:58:52 PDT 2007

Peter Grayson wrote:

> Can others comment on the availability of the compiler defined
> __BIG_ENDIAN__ and __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ variables?

I should also reply to this. The problem with these macros is that
they are not part of any C standard; not 1999 ISO C nor any of the
POSIX standards.

In fact, these two macros are not even available on Linux/gcc
*unless* you include <endian.h>.

On MacOSX these macros are defined inside the compiler itself.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo