[Speex-dev] audio stitching in php

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sun Jun 17 22:48:25 PDT 2007

On 16/06/07, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I am looking at writing a program using php
>
> that after X number of days (eg 60 days)
> a speex file is created that has all the speex file in
> a set folder
> with a bit of text to speech between the file for id
> reasons
> the speex file in the folder are deleted once done
>
> based on what I have read (corrent me if Im wrong):
> I need to convert the speex files to wav files
> (executable program),
> then I can stitchs the wav files together (php code)
> and convert the wave file into a speex files
> (executable program)

The problem with that approach is that the audio will really degrade
if you decode from speex to wav, and then re-encode to speex again.

So what you want to do is stitch the Ogg pages together (which is what
you're asking).

There's no native PHP library for Ogg yet, though some other people
have been talking about that recently.

cheers,

Conrad.