[Speex-dev] Blackfin inline assembler and VisualDSP++ toolchain

Michael Shatz shatz at dsit.co.il
Wed Jun 13 09:37:07 PDT 2007

Hi Jean-Marc

I'm trying to integrate your speex codec on our custom Blackfin board. The board is not uCLinux compatible and there is no chance that it will ever be.
I am using ADI-supplied VisualDSP++ IDE and corresponding toolchain. As long as I am compiling "C"-only version of the library everything is fine. VisualDSP++ produces working library. There is only one not so minor problem - the library is slow. However when I'm trying to compiler with inline assembler the compilation fails. It looks like ADI Blackfin assembler is not compatible with gas.
Supposedly you are aware of the problem since amongst Blackfin developers VisualDSP++ toolchain is the most popular by far. Actually I know noone who use gnu toolchain.

Could you suggest a solution for my problem?

Best Regards,
Michael Shatz