[Speex-dev] RE: Moving to Git

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Jun 11 16:27:04 PDT 2007

Coffey, Michael a écrit :
> Personally, I'm disappointed to see Speex moving to Git from Subversion.
> I had just recently learned how easy it is to track progress of Speex
> using TortoiseSvn.

Don't worry, you'll still be able to use svn to track the progress of
Speex. I will simply be updating it from the git repository. Just
curious, where you using more than "svn update" with the Speex
repository (e.g. making local changes to the source).

> That being said, I'm sure Jean-Marc knows best what the issues may be.
> How many people are expected to commit on this project this year?

Don't know, but I'm hoping to at least make it easier to contribute by
making sure "everyone starts equal", i.e. now anyone can commit to Speex
and create branches in their own repositories.