[Speex-dev] How to generate confort noise?

kubrick at fgv6.net kubrick at fgv6.net
Tue Jun 5 02:54:58 PDT 2007

Hello.

You should use the same instance of the decoder (SpeexBits), the "comfort noise" will be generated using previous frames.
If you use a separate instance, it's very likely it will output nothing (except zeros :p)

Yes, to accomplish this, pas a NULL pointer to speex_decode with the corresponding SpeexBits.

François.