[Speex-dev] Server Side AEC

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Jul 20 15:17:21 PDT 2007

Tabitha Flash a écrit :
> Hi, I am looking for AEC software which can be run on the server
> side. This means there will be a fairly constant 600ms or so gap
> between sending out an audio frame and getting it back with echo.
> Could Speex AEC be configured to handle these conditions?

Just use a ring buffer to put the delay back to normal.

> If so, how
> good can I expect it to be?

You'll need to try, but to have any chance of working, the following
conditions must be met:
1) No codec must be used in the echo path (maybe G.711 is OK)
2) There must not be any drift in the sampling clocks
3) There must not be any audio samples lost on the echo path