[Speex-dev] Quality degradation on new versions

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 11:26:51 PDT 2007

Hi Aviv,

Does the audio sound bad?

You can try turning off the highpass filter (which was not in 1.0.5).  This
code is from ti/testenc-TI-C5x.c in the source tree:

   /* Turn this off if you want to measure SNR (on by default) */
   tmp=0;
   speex_encoder_ctl(st, SPEEX_SET_HIGHPASS, &tmp);
   speex_decoder_ctl(dec, SPEEX_SET_HIGHPASS, &tmp);

- Jim