[Speex-dev] Re: Clicking noise using Speex built for TI C64+ DSP ofDaVinci Processor

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 10:51:10 PST 2007

Andy,

Send me the wav file and I will try to help you.  Also, please send the encoded output from female.wav.

Have you looked at the output audio with a waveform editor, to see if you can find the clicking?

Have you tried running the sample build in the C64x simulator?  That would give you a reference for file comparison.  That build is setup for Quality 3 (8kbps).  I just ran the simulator build at 8kbps, and the output sounds fine.  I have not tried 5950bps before, but I just did, and I do not hear clicking.  I will send you the simulator output files off-list.

By the way, the 16-bit char size that Jean-Marc refers to in the C5x, not the C6x, so that is not an issue here.  You could have a problem in your sample handling, or maybe the bit handling, since 5950 does not produce an integer number of bytes per frame (1 bit short of 15 bytes).

- Jim