[Speex-dev] fixed point speex encoder targeted to embedded devices

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Sun Jan 14 13:42:01 PST 2007

Hi,

> I have heavily lobotomized libspeex, resulting in a fixed point
> encoder for 8khz sampling rate and 32 bit signals.
> More information and download:
> http://magwas.freeblog.hu/archives/2007/01/14/2079127/#a2079127

Just curious, did you make any optimizations or did you just delete code
you didn't need? Also, a few things you might be interested in:
- I've recently made changes to ltp.c (not included in the code you
have) that saves 512 bytes of temporary/stack RAM.
- I'm planning on making a change to nb_celp that will save 320 bytes of
encoder state RAM.
- It's possible to save another 512 bytes of stack in ltp.c, but it's a
hack that will probably never go into the main tree.
- You can remove all the VBR code if you don't need it.

Overall, it should be possible to make everything fit into less than 4KB
RAM.