[Speex-dev] An Open source phone based on Speex

farhan at phonestack.com farhan at phonestack.com
Tue Feb 27 06:48:45 PST 2007

ivo and others,

i am having a very interesting exchange about the LTP with diana. I took
it offline from speex-dev as it would not interest everyone here. I will
reply to ivo separately. I have also setup a mailing list on
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ltpdiscuss/ if anybody is interested.

but the key issues that the solves is that:
1. support p2p community based telephony that can punch UDP holes.
2. integrates presence, chat into the same protocol.
3. it is extremely light on the server resources. I am also working on a
way to eliminate servers entirely (kademlai, chord topologies).

ivo, i am forwarding you my correspondence with diana.

- farhan