[Speex-dev] svn AGC

Alfredo Moreira alfredo.moreira at neolinks.com
Thu Feb 15 08:28:35 PST 2007

Hi Jean Marc,

I've tested the new AGC, and I don't known if it's on purpose, but the
value passed to SPEEX_PREPROCESS_SET_AGC_DECREMENT has to be negative
for working correctly...
and obviouly if you pass a positive value, no decrement adjustement is
made.
I think this value should be absolute positive and you should take care
at the internals of speex that
"max_decrease_step" should be between 0 and 1.
what i've done is changing the formula :
   st->max_decrease_step = exp(0.11513f *
(*(spx_int32_t*)ptr)*st->frame_size / st->sampling_rate);
into :
   spx_int32 stepDB = (*(spx_int32_t*)ptr);
   if(stepDB<0) stepDB = 0;
   st->max_decrease_step = exp(-0.11513f *stepDB*st->frame_size /
st->sampling_rate);

Tell me if it does make sense for you,
fredo