[Speex-dev] frame of silence

Chris Cowden ccowden at ncsoft.com
Wed Feb 14 08:42:59 PST 2007

Hi, I'm new to this list. I'm using Speex as the base codec in a voice
chat application (with DirectSound as the audio playback/capture
interface).

To help me debug some of my network-related issues, I would really like
to insert frames of "silence" into speech. Is there a convenient
function call or API call that takes in a buffer that is the size of a
frame and writes a frame of "silence" to it?

I'm not sure if I'm wording the question well, so any feedback would be
greatly appreciated!

Btw, I am really enjoying using this codec and look forward to getting
this working! Thanks!