[Speex-dev] Questions about 1.2beta1

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Feb 13 14:47:58 PST 2007

> Hi,
> 1) Are there any numbers on (in the release notes) the mentioned
> performance gains for floating point (x86) encoding/decoding compared to
> 1.1.12 (percent would be nice)?

Performance in float should be about the same (maybe slightly faster,
but I haven't checked), though memory has been reduced.

> 2) Are there any other improvements in quality, AGC, VAD etc?

The quality has been improved in both the encoder and the decoder
(without changing the bitstream of course). The EC has been improved,
but a bad last minute bug crept in.

> We mainly do Wide band operation.

The current svn has some improvements for wideband, especially memory
reductions.