[Speex-dev] (no subject)

Ashhar Farhan farhan at phonestack.com
Fri Dec 21 03:11:59 PST 2007

bobby,

the speex files cannot be played by "Windows" (I assume you mean the media
player) natively. speex codec will have to be supported as a playload
type.

to do that, you have to install a Speex ACM.
take a look at
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Speex_Voice_ACM_Codec.htm

once you have it installed, just open the windows recorder from
start->programs->accesories->entertainment->sound recorder, in the
file->properties choose the speex codec.

now you can record and play speex files.

i suggest that the 'small budget set aside' be donated to red cross.

- farhan