[Speex-dev] speex payload value

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Aug 23 16:53:42 PDT 2007

Greg a écrit :
> hmm...forgive my ignorance here. icould have explained it wrong.
>
> the rtp header has the pt (payload) field as a 7 bit value. i was under the
> impression speex had a particular value i should set it to. is this so? if
> no what value should i assign it, whether by convention or otherwise?

I think you're referring to static payload numbers. These exist only for
a handful of codecs and no new static payload number will be issued.
That's why you need a dynamic payload number for Speex (the number is
ageed on at connection and is only valid during the session).

> Note that i'm implementing a simple rtp header and combining it with the
> speex payload i'm not using SDP or RTCP as yet.

Then just pick any dynamic payload number I guess.

	Jean-Marc