[Speex-dev] speex payload value

Greg bytemebits at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 10:39:18 PDT 2007

hmm...forgive my ignorance here. icould have explained it wrong.

the rtp header has the pt (payload) field as a 7 bit value. i was under the
impression speex had a particular value i should set it to. is this so? if
no what value should i assign it, whether by convention or otherwise?

Note that i'm implementing a simple rtp header and combining it with the
speex payload i'm not using SDP or RTCP as yet.

Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote: Speex uses a dynamic payload number, which is negotiated with SDP (did I
understand your question correctly?).

 Jean-Marc