[Speex-dev] libspeex stopped to work

Oleg Homenko beeb at palmosters.com
Mon Aug 20 03:35:06 PDT 2007

I discovered that starting from svn commit 13186, liibspeex does not
work anymore. Version 13178 and earlier works ok.

Revision: 13186
Author: jm
Date: 0:16:56, 25 June 2007
Message:
Tuned the vocoder gains and prevented the ol_gain from being reduced by
the encoder for voiced segments.
----
Modified : /trunk/speex/libspeex/nb_celp.c

I tested it on Windows Mobile 5.0 PocketPC platform with several
different applications (duplex voice capturing/encoding/decoding/playback).
If I use any recent libspeex version >=13186, application exits in 2-3
seconds after I stop to talk :(.
But if I talk continuously (without long pauses), application works and
I hear my own voice passed through speex.
Perhaps this info will help you to find out the bug.