[Speex-dev] libspeex stopped to work

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Aug 20 03:47:46 PDT 2007

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the bug report and the fact you spent the time to track down
where it broke.

> I tested it on Windows Mobile 5.0 PocketPC platform with several
> different applications (duplex voice capturing/encoding/decoding/playback).
> If I use any recent libspeex version >=13186, application exits in 2-3
> seconds after I stop to talk :(.

by exit, you mean segfault (or whatever the Windows equivalent is), a
division by zero, or something else? Do you have the line number by any
chance? Also, if you have a file that can reproduce the problem with
speexdec (I assumer it's the decoder that crashes), that would help a lot.

> But if I talk continuously (without long pauses), application works and
> I hear my own voice passed through speex.
> Perhaps this info will help you to find out the bug.

Sounds like you have VAD/VBR enabled, is that correct? I'll have a
closer look at that change in the mean time.

Cheers,