[Speex-dev] IceS needs Speex support -- any volunteer willing to take the task?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 19:22:29 PDT 2007

Hello,

IceS is a source client for icecast, or other streaming servers.  It
lacks any support for Speex.  This is not good.

On 7/20/07, Michael Smith <msmith at xiph.org> wrote:
> IceS2 handles only Vorbis.  If someone wants to add Speex support, I
> wouldn't object to that (but nor do I have the time to do it myself, at the moment)

So, Mike hasn't the time to do so.  Is anyone willing to do it?
Jean-Marc?  Anyone else?

On 7/21/07, roger <roger at eskimo.com> wrote:
> I merrily grepped the ices sources.  There's a lot more code than one
> would expect for implementing vorbis support. Or, nominal amount.
> But after looking at both codecs, figure much might be able to be copied
> into place.

It seems it may not be as hard as it sounds, but I cannot confirm this.

Source code for IceS may be found at https://svn.xiph.org/icecast/trunk/ices/

That would be the official branch.  There's another branch by Karl,
but I reckon the official implementation would be the priority for
now.

-Ivo