[Speex-dev] AEC in WB mode fixed yet ?

Jean-Christophe.Berge at etu.enseeiht.fr Jean-Christophe.Berge at etu.enseeiht.fr
Thu Sep 21 01:12:15 PDT 2006

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. AEC with WB mode (Jean-Christophe.Berge at etu.enseeiht.fr)
>    2. Multiple frame encode and decode (Reza Fatahillah)
>    3. cant link speex_echo.h (jesus)

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:46:03 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Jean-Christophe.Berge at etu.enseeiht.fr
> Subject: [Speex-dev] AEC with WB mode
> To: speex-dev at xiph.org
>
> Hello,
>
> I just tried the latest linphone version (1.4.0) which include Speex NB
> and WB and the possibility to use speex AEC.
>
> Unfortunatly, I found that the AEC does not work well with WB mode.(the
> AEC seems to suppress the speech and let the echo pass...)
>
> I found that they used a tail length of 2048 and a framesize of 128 to
> initialize the AEC. thus, as recommended in the speex manual, I replaced
> them with a 3200 tail length and a 320 frame size.
>
> But it still doesn't work...
>
> Wich parameter has to be modified when using the AEC in WB instead of NB
> And does the AEC ever worked in wideband mode ?
>
> Thanks for your help, and for this wonderful codec !
> Sorry for my English

Hello,

I think I will ask my question in an other way because It was not really a
success :-)

Does the AEC works in WB yet ?

In mdf.c, I can read :
 /* FIXME: Make that an init option (new API call?) */
   st->sampling_rate = 8000;

Does it mean that the AEC in WB is not fixed yet ?

Thank you for your answer, I really need to now if I have to work on that...

JC.