[Speex-dev] Exc CB Search very little Question

Björn Thalheim s9268716 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Sep 18 07:21:46 PDT 2006

Hi,

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> Not sure I understand your question. Change the order of what within what?

In cb_search, we iterate nb_subvect times over a codebook, finding
nb_subvect codebook entries to quantize the excitation signal. After
finding these nb_subvect codebook entries, they're written into the stream:

   /*save indices*/
   for (i=0;i<nb_subvect;i++)
   {
      ind[i]=nind[0][i];
      speex_bits_pack(bits,ind[i],params->shape_bits+have_sign);
   }

I want to know if I'm correct in that I can just do sth like this
without any effect on the encoded signal:

   /*put optimal values into array*/
   for (i=0;i<nb_subvect;i++)
   {
      ind[i]=nind[0][i];
   }
   /*Change the order of the values in the array*/
   // this is what I mean by "changing the order"
   int tmp=ind[0]; ind[0]=ind[nb_subvect]; ind[nb_subvect]=tmp;
   /*save indices*/
   for (i=0;i<nb_subvect;i++)
   {
      speex_bits_pack(bits,ind[i],params->shape_bits+have_sign);
   }

Regards,

Björn

--
Questionable day.

Ask somebody something.

--
Important! Please recognize my new GPG Public Key!
                 Björn Thalheim