[Speex-dev] Echo cancellation in speex 1.2 beta1 problem

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Oct 27 08:17:27 PDT 2006

> The previous 1.1.12 cancellation works moreless well, and after
> appearance of new version i desided to try use it. The result is: In
> real condition case 8 from 10 times cancellation is very unstable and
> starts generate a noise signal. I think this happens on fast learning
> stage of EC algotithm. When  EC learning stage finished normally (2
> from 10 times ) after 2- 5 seconds cancelletion works better than
> previous version.

That's a known problem due to a stupid bug in 1.2beta1 (see earlier post
on the list).

> Could you please suggest to do something  to stabilize EC in new
> version 1.2 beta1? Do you plan release the new version in nearest
> time? Can i help to accelerate resolving the problem (deep
> investigation, testing or something else)?

Can you try the following patch: https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/11882
Alternatively you can use the latest svn version (though be aware that
I'm currently shuffling lots of code around in svn).

Let me know if it still doesn't work.