[Speex-dev] 1.2beta1 speex_bits_pack realloc issue?

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Nov 21 17:04:33 PST 2006

Hi,

Sorry about the mess. It was broken when applying the TI DSP patches
(see this patch: https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/9076 ). The fix is to
remove speex_memset_bytes(), but replace it with a line that clears the
first new byte allocate (or something like that -- I need to check).

I guess not many people use that feature because the bug's been there
for a while. You probably don't need to use it either because of
speex_bits_write_whole_bytes() that allow you to save the bits continuously.

	Jean-Marc