[Speex-dev] Speex WB decoder on AT91SAM7S microcontroller?

Dennis Greenwood dagwood at dagtronix.com
Thu Nov 16 08:17:41 PST 2006

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
>  Stripping out usused stuff is very easy, especially with static
>  libraries.

Thanks, that's encouraging to hear 8^).

>  The only thing that could cause problem is the speed of the CPU. It's
>  very hard to say what the requirements are because it depends a lot
>  on the exact CPU you're using and (for ARM) the configuration of the
>  cache and the speed of the bus.

Yes, this is the part that I'm hoping someone who's also used this CPU
can shed some light on. I guess I'll know soon enough...

I am *really* hoping to be able to decode WB files in real time at
24MHz. I can go up to 55MHz but the power consumption will then be a
problem.

-Dennis.

>  Dennis Greenwood a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to compile the Speex fixed-point, WB decoder for an
> > AT91SAM7S256 ARM7 microcontroller using gcc-arm-elf and was
> > wondering, before I roll up my sleeves and try to figure out all
> > the autoconf things that I'm really unfamiliar with, if anyone else
> > has done this and can share their experiences.
> >
> > I see in the archives that some folk have compiled for this
> > processor before but I am not sure if that included the WB decoder.
> >

> > Basically I'm anxious to know what the resource requirements are
> > for the fixed-point WB decoder on its own and how difficult it is
> > to strip out what I don't need. I only need to support 32ksps,
> > mono.
> >
> > Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Regards, Dennis.

<snip>