[Speex-dev] Encoding mode

Michel de Boer michel at twinklephone.com
Tue Mar 14 11:32:46 PST 2006

Hello,

In the internet draft describing the SDP parameters for speex
I find this:

	 mode:  Speex encoding mode. Can be {1,2,3,4,5,6,any}
                 defaults to 3 in narrowband, 6 in wide and ultra-wide.

In the documentation I can only find the following request:

	SPEEX_SET_MODE

There is no description though what this request does.

I think the mode somehow maps to the bitrate, but I cannot
find a table that tells me which mode maps to which bitrate
for nb, wb and uwb codecs.

And what does it mean when mode=any?

Can someone explain me what the mode indicates?

Best regards,
Michel

--
Michel de Boer