[Speex-dev] Speex for voip application

Vijay S Nair vijaysukumarannair at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 23:15:46 PST 2006

Hi all,

       I am very new to this group. I have a voip application (softphone)
which uses narrowband codecs (G.711 and G.729).Even it has explicit voice
quality enhancement dsp modules  (Baackground noise reduction , Automatic
Gain Control and Acoustic Echo Cancellation) the quality of the speech is
not yet satisfactory. After doing a long term research to get better speech
quality on this I decided to go with a wideband with variable bitrate
codec.

       From this group I gathered lot of information about wideband codec as
well as speex.
Could anyone please help me to get rid of the following doubts....

1. Can I use speex directly in my application like narrow band codecs?
2. Is there any modifications needed in the speex code?
3. How much flexible speex is?

--
Thanks & Regards
Vijay Sukumaran Nair.