[Speex-dev] Voice Activation Level (speex 1.1.11.1)

Tom Grandgent tgrand at canvaslink.com
Thu Mar 2 09:48:56 PST 2006

Alex,

It's purely empirical, but I've found that values in the range
of 0.001 to 0.002 tend to offer a nice tradeoff between rejecting
unwanted sounds and picking up all legitimate speech.  I use a
default of 0.0015 in my program and it seems to work well.  For
bounds of the GUI slider, I use 0.00005 and 0.01.

Sorry, but I don't know how these values translate to dB or any
other standard measurement.  You would have to relate them to
my code from before.

Tom