[Speex-dev] Invalid sideband mode encountered

Thabang Kevin Khanye tkkhanye at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 00:09:43 PDT 2006

Hi guys

  I succesfully got my encoder and decoder working after much hassles, but when I use the same code in another project, I get these following errors:

  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 7
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 7
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 6
  Error ---> More than two sideband layers found
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 7
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 6
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 6
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered. (2nd sideband): 6
  Error ---> Invalid mode encountered: 10
  Error ---> Invalid mode encountered: 12
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 7
  Error ---> Invalid sideband mode encountered (1st sideband): 5

  Therefore, because of this, i cannot decode.
  Does anybody have an idea on fixing this error? I've attached parts of my code to ths email:

  //Declare the class
  mySpeexEncDec test = new mySpeexEncDec ();

  //Decoding procedure
  public static byte[] decode(byte[] decbuffer, int myBufferSize)
  {
  SpeexDecoder speexDecoder = new SpeexDecoder();
  byte[] payload = new byte[FRAME_SIZE*2];
  byte[] completebuffer = new byte[4000000];
  int mode = 0;
  int samplerate = 8000;
  int channels = 1;

  speexDecoder.init(mode, samplerate, channels, true);
  for (int packetCount = 0; packetCount < getNbPackets();packetCount++)
  {
  System.arraycopy(decbuffer, packetCount*encodedNbBytes(), payload, 0, encodedNbBytes());
  try
  {
  speexDecoder.processData(payload,0, encodedNbBytes());
  byte[] decoded = new byte[FRAME_SIZE*2];
  decodedNbBytes = speexDecoder.getProcessedData(decoded, 0);
  System.arraycopy(decoded, 0, completebuffer, packetCount*decodedNbBytes, decodedNbBytes);
  }
  catch(StreamCorruptedException s)
  {
  System.out.println("Error ---> "+s.getMessage());
  }
  }
  return completebuffer;
  }

  encodedNbBytes is a function that returns the encoded packet size.

  help.

  Regards