[Speex-dev] Speex RTP profile

Alex Bakaev Alex.Bakaev at citrix.com
Fri Jan 20 09:09:16 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

>So far, I've been working on RTP client examples, and
I've read the Speex draft too. But still, I don't know
how Payload Type must be specified. In the Speex draft it
says 'dynamically allocated payload type SHOULD be
chosen', but I don't understand what this means.

What this means is that SDP should be used to negotiate
the payload type. Dynamic types start at 96. An RTP
payload maps are used to describe the payload type, so
both ends can negotiate an appropriate payload number. I
suggest reading the SDP RFC.

Hth,
.a