[Speex-dev] Dereverberation - is it work?

chojny chojny at interia.pl
Tue Feb 28 02:13:50 PST 2006

Hello,
I'm using Speex1.1.11.1 source code.
I enabled dereverb by speex_preprocess_ctl(). I try different dereverb_level and dereverb_decay values and it seems to not work. I generate some test files in CoolEdit using reverb or echo and then preprocess it by speex_preprocess(preprocess, input, NULL); and output is the same as input:(.
Denoising and VAD works very good. I tried dereverb with and without denoise or/and VAD.
Are there some sound files to test dereverb algorithm? I'll be very grateful for help.

W.Chojnowski