[Speex-dev] how to implement PLC?

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Feb 6 20:42:18 PST 2006

Not sure I understand your question right... but here's how you do PLC
with Speex.

When you receive a packet, you do a
speex_decode(decoder, bits, audio);

Now, if you didn't receive anything and want to play some audio, all you
need to do is:
speex_decode(decoder, NULL, audio);

and you will have extrapolated data in "audio" while telling the decoder
to update its state to account for the fact that a packet was dropped.

	Jean-Marc