[Speex-dev] speex optimisation for ARM 5TE architecture

Naveed Rehman nrehman79 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 10:29:15 PDT 2006

Hi JM,

  Thanks for the earlier replies. I have tested it with quality 1,2&3 the result is not much different. Also I must tell you that I am using the armbe-linux-gcc compiler which does not suppoort arm5e-asm optimisations. I get lots of assember related errors.  Is there any alternative? Will moving on to a board supported by arm-linux-gcc compiler ,to enable arm5e optimisation, help?

  Nav

Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
  Quality 0 has not been entirely converted to fixed-point, so it actually
runs much slower on ARM. It's very poor quality anyway, so I don't see
why you'd want to use it.

Jean-Marc