[Speex-dev] speex optimisation for ARM 5TE architecture

Naveed Rehman nrehman79 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 05:39:43 PDT 2006

Hi JM,

  I am using narrowband mode with speex qaulity set to 0 and complexity set to 4. The code works fine on the 3.2GHz processor. The test program speexenc takes 7ms to encode 5sec worth of voice on the 3.2Ghz processor. The same takes 700ms on the ARM5E intel Xscale. The code that I wrote puts 10 speex frames in one RTP packet.
  When exexcuted on ARM I get lots of underrruns hence noise. I was wondering perhaps its because of the speed of ARM processor as dictated by the significantly slower speexenc on ARM.
  I hav'nt gone much into speex but I guessed that under 20ms to encode 20ms of voice (in speex packet) would get rid of underruns and hence noise.
  Am I going wrong somewhere..

  TIA
  nav