[Speex-dev] Please test upcoming release

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Fri Aug 18 08:14:38 PDT 2006

> I'm about to release version 1.2-beta1 (which I could have called
> 1.1.13), which includes many, many changes. It would help if everyone
> could give the svn version (http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/speex/) a try and
> see if it works fine. I'll check my email next week when I'm back from
> some vacations and if nothing bad has been reported, I'll make the
> release.

Jean-Marc,

st->highpass_enabled is typed inconsistently.  It is "int" in the structure,
but "spx_int32_t" in the SET, GET cases in nb(sb)_encoder(decoder)_ctl.  The
parameter is "int" in testenc.c, and in the TI version ti\testenc-TI-C5x.c.
This breaks for 16 bit platforms, where "int" is 16 bits.

The types in the state structure and the _ctl routines really should match.
For now, I have changed testenc-TI-C5x.c to pass a 32-bit parameter, which
works with no change elsewhere.  I can send a patch for this.

Another inconsistency is that GET_COMPLEXITY returns a spx_int32_t, but the
field st->complexity is an int.

- Jim