[Speex-dev] RE: Speex-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 18

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Aug 17 22:59:06 PDT 2006

> I would love to see Speex working in embedded products.  Mr. Valin, do you
> know of any examples of Speex working in embedded gear?

Yes. We got Speex to run on DSPs like the Blackfin, the TI C5x and C6x
and some ARM chips. There are lots of places where memory and CPU can be
reduced by changing options (Speex is designed to be very adaptable).
Also, the next release (probably next week) will cut memory use by more
than half on embedded devices.

	Jean-Marc