[Speex-dev] Speex + Ogg package

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Aug 6 20:44:00 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 03:05:47AM +0200, Jere Gmail wrote:
> sorry, no webchat, is a videoconference program. And I'm using UDP as you
> can read down on the mail.
> The problem is that speex packages alone work great, but to split
> speex/theora packages on the arrive I need to use some kind of container,
> and I'm trying ogg.

You mean to save the stream once it arrives?

For transmission you should use RTP over UDP for both speex and theora.
You can even multiplex them on the same socket, just use separate SSIDs.
That's the only way you'll get reasonable latency for conferencing. Ogg
(usually through HTTP over TCP) is only appropriate for unidirectional
transmission.

Otherwise, what JM said. :)

 -r