[Speex-dev] Speex on ARM in Real time

Sat Aug 5 20:24:04 PDT 2006

I thought a 416 MHz XScale should be able to encode+decode in real-time
at pretty much any narrowband or wideband bit-rate, though in some case,
it may be good to reduce the complexity to 1. There may be a few
bit-rates that could cause problems because they aren't fully converted
to fixed-point. Also, if your ARM chip supports the ARM5E architecture,
there may be some big gains you could get from using a bit of assembly.

Right now, what kind of performance are you getting? For what settings
(sampling rate, bit-rate, ...)?

	Jean-Marc