[Speex-dev] HW-Speex: Fileformat and encoding process

Seiden Tiger st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 19 14:21:14 PDT 2006

Hi

I have just written a small c programm which reads in speex files and outputs
them as asci text numbers. This is necessary as for writing a hw testbench
for decoding tests, since thy only read ascii files :-(.I can't read the
bitrate properly from the header file. It's allways -1. Please see example
below and attached c programm. I wan't to check for a fixed bitrate (8000).
The only difference is the framesize of the ogg file, which is not a sure
guess due to the -nframes option?

Is there a discription of the format of the frames. What is the reason that
the first frame after the header is larger than the other frames?

Thanks
ST

speex-1.1.12/src/speexenc -n --bitrate 12000 female.wav female_nb_12.spx
readspx female_nb_12.spx |head -20
speex header
Version:1.1.12
rate:8000
mode:0
mode_bitstream_version:4
nb_channels:1
bitrate:-1
frame_size:160
vbr:0
frames_per_packet:1
extra_headers:0
Framesize:33
25
0
0
0
69
110
99
111

speex-1.1.12/src/speexenc -n --bitrate 8000 female.wav female_nb_8.spx
readspx female_nb_8.spx |head -20
speex header
Version:1.1.12
rate:8000