[Speex-dev] Unable to obtain a DLL.

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-100 at mega-nerd.com
Thu Apr 6 04:46:51 PDT 2006

Bogdan Mustiata wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the 1.0.5 and 1.1.12 versions of Speex. The problem is that when
> I compile Speex using MinGW and MSys using:
>
> ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/c/bgw/
>
> I don't get neither a DLL file nor a .a library although the compile is
> successful.

<snip>

> Am I missing something trivial?

Maybe not.

Jean-Marc, to generate a DLL using MinGW, you need to add -no-undefined
to the link line. For libsndfile, I do this using the following in
the Makefile.am file:

    libsndfile_la_LDFLAGS = -no-undefined -version-info @SHARED_VERSION_INFO@ @SHLIB_VERSION_ARG@

You probably need something like this in your Makefile.am.

Cheers,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"And this is one of the central problems with Islam. It's a religion
with something for everyone. If you wake up one morning in a good
mood you can find all sorts of stuff that are peaceable, loving,
kind. On the other hand, if you wake up in a foul temper then there's
plenty of hateful stuff to help you vent your spleen. In reality,
if you believe the Koran is the word of god then you have to take
both on board. You can't pick and choose."
-- http://garymonro.blogsome.com/2005/08/11/