[Speex-dev] help using libspeex in win32

Mo Win mowin.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 01:27:52 PDT 2005

Hi all,

i'm going to try to create an app using libspeex (Speex 1.1.10) and Visual
Studio and just have a few questions.

First, what's the difference between libspeex and libspeex_dynamic? Do I
need to include both projects in my new workspace?

Next, how do I enable fixed_point using libspeex? Am I correct in assuming
that an ARM processor would be able to record speech as speex files in
real-time with fixed_point enabled? (I think I read this in a forum
somewhere...)

Finally, forgive me for asking an *obvious* question if it is... but
libspeex (together with libogg) was also used to create speexenc and
speexdec right? If I'm going to write a program for recording speex then
saving it as .spx, do I also need libogg aside from libspeex?

Many thanks and all the best to all of you and for Speex,

Mon