[Speex-dev] echo cancellation test problem on Windows OS.

Duane Storey duane at counterpath.com
Tue Oct 11 18:54:42 PDT 2005

Clocks are rarely synchronized on audio devices.. on Windows it's completely
likely to have the microphone give you 8100 samples a second, and have the
speaker accept 8000 samples a second.. You generally have to do some sort of
clock synchronization manually.  It works with files because you are
essentially forcing the near end and far end signals to have the same clock.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email and any files transmitted with it contains proprietary
information and, unless expressly stated otherwise, all contents and
attachments are confidential. This email is intended for the addressee(s)
only and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee,
any disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of the contents of this
email or its attachments, or any action taken in reliance on it, is
unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform
the sender immediately and then delete this email and any copies of it.
Thank you for your co-operation.